Sandy Asher

Thank you, Sandy Asher, for taking time to comment on our blog.  We like the variety of the different contributors in    On Her Way.  It must be exciting to work with so many talented writers.  We will have to take your recommendation and read Dude! Stories and Stuff for Boys.                                         

3 thoughts on “Sandy Asher

1. Sandy Asher

You’re quite welcome! Thank you for featuring me on your blog. Along with the books and plays I’ve written myself, I’ve edited several anthologies of stories, plays, and poems by author authors. You might also enjoy WRITING IT RIGHT: HOW SUCCESSFUL CHILDREN’S AUTHORS REVISE AND SELL THEIR STORIES. There you get to see the early drafts of published work by many authors and all the changes they made during the process of getting their stories just right. I also interviewed each author about who gave them suggestions for editing and why they made the choices they did. Early drafts of my story in ON HER WAY are included, along with drafts of my book WHAT A PARTY! If you get suggestions for corrections on your own work, you’ll see you’re not alone. Even professionals don’t get it right on the first try. Myself included!