George Washington’s Socks

Students have enjoyed reading Elvira Woodruff's, George Washington's Socks.  After discussing the history club's time travel to the Revolutionary War, students mentioned that it would be fun to travel to other time periods and locations. If you could choose one experience, what would it be and why?

22 thoughts on “George Washington’s Socks

1. Sarah (SwassyDuck7370)

I would like to go back to when the Native Americans lived in early America. I would want to go because the earth isn’t spoiled and everything is still wild. I would also like to go because I am interested in how the natives lived and would like to try their lifestyle.

2. Macenzie

I would go to the Apolo missions and be by the rockets when they take off. I would like to go to this time because it would be cool to see some of America’s first rockets. It would also be cool if I could meet some of the astronauts that flew the Apolo rockets.

3. Kellsie

I want to go to the White House about 200 years in the future. I want to go there because I would like to see how much humans have destroyed/ helped the Earth.

4. Cairenn Hirsch

I would go all the way back to The Garden of Eden before Adam and Eve sinned and ate the fruit and stop them from eating it or bring a chainsaw and cut down the tree.I would stop Adam and Eve from eating the fruit because then animals and humans wouldn’t die and the hopefully there would be no sin.

5. Sylvia

I would want to go to New York City in 1999 because I could see the excitement of the new year for 2000 for the big ball drop.

6. Michaela

If I could travel back to a different time period, I would travel back to The First Thanksgiving. I would want to travel back to this time period because it would be a fun and very educational experience for me. Even though people died during this time, it would still be cool to me to see how the pilgrims and indians interacted with and helped eachother. This is why I want to travel back to the time of The First Thanksgiving.

7. Donovan Kucera

I would really want to go to medieval era Japan, because I think it would be fun to watch the samurai in battle and maybe they could teach me a few things.

8. Cameron

I would go to the time of Jesus so I can see miracles of Jesus. I could see what changed in his life as he grew up.

9. Emery

I would want to go to the time in 1800s where slavery was coming to an end in America. I would like to go to that time period because it would be really fun to have an amazing accomplishment in America and have such a great party because of it. Party in the USA!!!!

10. Akira

I want to go when God created the world. I want to go because I want to meet Adam and Eve to see what language they spoke.

11. Hudson

I would go back in time to when Jesus was born. Back in Bethlehem. I would like to see what it was like back then.

12. Anthony

If I could go into a different time period,I would go to the future.I would go to China.I would go in the future because there will probably be really good technology.Maybe even flying cars(I wish).The earth might be close to an end though.That’s what scientist say.Scientist have been wrong a lot of times.I would love to see new and enhanced technology.China will probably have really tall buildings and a lot of neon lights.

13. Ashlyn

I would want to got to a club that is in the 60’s. I would want to go to a club in the 60’s because I want to see what a afro really looks like and how to do the disco dance. Also, you can’t get made fun of for what you wear and what you look like.

14. Connor

I would want to go to the future to see what new inventions they made that would help us aka robot servants.

15. Nora Flores

If I could go anywhere in time I would go to the to the United Kingdom in the Victorian Era. I decided on this time because it just seems like it was such a exciting time in history as time since everything was changing and those dresses look so big and fancy and extravagant!

16. Johan

I would like to go to the battle of bulge in WW2 times because I would like to fight along Patton and his third army saving the 101st airborne division. By johan

17. Carlos Torres

I would like to go to Mexico during the Mexican American war. The reason is because I would like to see los seis ninos heroes( the six kid heros) to see there bravery.

18. Yajaira Jimenez

I would want to go to the future and be the first person to step on a planet that humans animals bugs etc. could live on.I would build homes with the super advanced technology.

19. Camden

I would travel to the time period of the Twin Towers. Why I would want to go there is because I could stop the distruction. The Twin Towers is a big government building like the pentagon.

20. Julie

I want to go back to the time my mom was a little girl so I could see how she lived her life back then.
    I also want to go back to the time of creation so I could see what perfect life was like and so I could stop them from eating the fruit

21. Addie

I would want to go back to the 50s. I want to go there because thats when they had cool jukeboxes and elvis was still alive. Also their cars were really cool.

22. Hunter miller

I would go to the future to see what the cars look like and what the electronics look like and what people will be doing.