Friends’ Faves

"Most readers who like humor would like A Whole Nother Story, by Dr. Cuthbert Soup.  This book tells how Mr. Cheeseman and his three kids are running away from villians. (The villians are trying to steal Mr. Cheeseman's invention.)  You would enjoy the humor and suspense in this story."

"On Christmas Eve, by Ann M. Martin, is a good, sad book (an oxymoron).  I think girls would enjoy it more than boys.  Tess has a dream to see Santa.  It is not for herself, but to ask Santa if he could cure her friend's father of cancer.  Will he get cured?  How will she give her friend the "gift of hope"?  Read to find out!"

"Rebecca Caudill's Tree of Freedom is an amazing realistic fiction.  It took place back in the 1780's, when Stephanie and her family set foot in Kentucky searching for freedom.  They didn't know at that time that they were stepping into some difficult times.  They learned that freedom comes with a cost.  I recommend this book to kids of all ages.  I love this book and think you will too!"